"The stroll"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Dec 26 03:14:54 UTC 2013

Mr. Doe (and I'm grateful that you're not signing
your messages "John"), if I understand the
original question correctly, Donald McCaig is
asking about "the stroll" meaning a place.  Your
find, while very useful, I think has the sense of an action.

A facetious comment -- perhaps "the stroll"
undertook the sense of a place when "the Mall"
became common usage?  (The OED tells me in the 1660s or 1670s.)

Joel