Q: "Crossword" needs another definition in the OED?

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 7 18:20:09 UTC 2013

When I look at the St. Nicholas "Riddle" pages, I see many puzzles that use
"cross-words" but are NOT acrostics. (There are also acrostics, so named,
to be found there.) The "enigma" puzzle is an example, and there are others.

DanG