BE slang for _clitoris_ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Charles C Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Jan 8 15:18:34 UTC 2013

The African American women in Alice Walker's novel _The Color Purple_ refer to it as "the button."

--Charlie

From: American Dialect Society [ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] on behalf of Wilson Gray [hwgray at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:23 AM

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC
<Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
> "Man in the boat" is the only slang I've ever run across.

I know that one and "little man…" from reading porn. In one of the
books that has "purr tongue," "little _boy_ in the boat" is given as
an alternative to it. Never heard it. First time that I've ever read
it. I've also heard and seen it referred to as "the bean."

--
-Wilson