Earliest Known Occurrence of the Term "Hot Dog" Pushed Back to 1886, (Corrected Citation)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 22 16:34:04 UTC 2013

At 1/22/2013 10:07 AM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:
>Isn't that what the basket was for? The rolls?
>
>>the fiend who carries in one hand a tin cooking arrangement, and on the
>>other arm a basket.

Where did the fiend carry the yet-to-be-cooked wursts? In the "tin
cooking arrangement"? (And if there were no rolls, I suspect not
wrapped in wax paper -- see below -- but, like fish and chips, in
probably-cheaper newspaper -- after all, it was called the "penny press".)

Joel