Earliest Known Occurrence of the Term "Hot Dog" Pushed Back to, 1886, (Corrected Citation)

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Jan 23 13:47:20 UTC 2013

On 1/23/13 1:05 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> Date:    Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:17:16 -0500
> From:    Jonathan Lighter<wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Re: Earliest Known Occurrence of the Term "Hot Dog" Pushed Back to
>           1886, (Corrected Citation)
>
> Good point, Amy.  And  no rolls are mentioned. Were the dogs sold wrapped
> in waxed paper?
>
> JL
If you review the full cit in Fred's post (I trimmed it to keep just the
material relevant to my query), you'll see that the basket is for rye
bread and that the hot dogs are served with horseradish and between two
pieces of bread.

---Amy West