vacuum

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 5 08:30:27 UTC 2013

I posted earlier on the verb [data] vacuum, but now I want to add
another one in the same category:

http://goo.gl/nIXlv
> In today's least surprising news, Le Monde reports that France's
> intelligence agencies also hoover up every possible speck of
> electronic data they can: ...

So the international trademark-buster "hoover" is used in English
interchangeably with some versions of "vacuum" (and not just for
Middle-Eastern immigrants and French and German speakers).

     VS-)