Retronym: computer website

Tue Jul 23 20:43:07 UTC 2013

I take it as a given that the world does not differentiate it so cleanly. Here's a good example of proof:

"10 Differences Between Macs and PCs" (http://computer.howstuffworks.com/macs/10-differences-between-macs-and-pcs.htm)

It seems clear that PC has two levels of meaning, one encompassing Macs and one excluding them (hence the uncomfortable feeling I get). Finding how to draw the lines is the question.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos=3D