"prick" goes standard

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Mar 7 20:12:19 UTC 2013

On Mar 6, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> Or at least quotable in a news headline in a "family" news source:
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/fox-news-ailes-newt-prick-biden-rubio-obama-130038762--election.html
>
> And note "dumb as an ashtray."
>
> JL

I still fondly remember one of my favorite standardized test questions from one of those multiple choice tests (aptitude? vocational? multiphasic personality? some combination of them?) we were all forced to undergo as college freshmen:

If you were forced to choose, would you rather be (check one): lazy, stupid, or mean?

On the basis of Ailes's assessments, we would have to conclude that Obama, Biden, and Ailes himself would cover the territory on this.  Back in 1961 I chose the "lazy" option, with no suspicion that I was being presidential.

LH