"Narrative" again

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 1 13:14:04 UTC 2013

Former CIA analyst on the bombing plot (CNN):

"I think it is wrong for us to take the narrative that it was just
homegrown."

It would never even occur to me to use "narrative" in this context.
 Possibly "obtuse liberal propaganda" is implied, but I did not get that
impression. It seems to me that here it means "popular supposition."

In real time, of course.

JL