Blog Spam

Sat May 4 12:49:38 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 6:17 AM, Geoffrey Steven Nathan wrote:

> Those of you who run blogs are probably familiar with the spam/phishing
> comments you get, but this one was particularly fine, so I thought I'd
> share it with the list:
>
> "Wow, superb weblog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running
> a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The entire glance of your
> website is excellent, let alone the content material!"

For a glimpse at how spam comments get made, see my recent Language Log post:

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=4584

Arika Okrent also had an entertaining roundup of spam comments on Mental Floss:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/50345/11-spam-comments-look-drunk-thesauruses-and-why

--bgz

--
Ben Zimmer