proto-proto-proto...

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 7 18:37:31 UTC 2013

Way I see it, once ape-persons got the synapses to talk, they started
talkin'. If they started when there was just a single band, language is
ultimately monogenetic. Iffen they waited till they wuz split up like,
polygenetic.

Existin' language families, though...you'd figger they came late enuff that
their *immediate* proto forms musta been one at a time, barrin' the
cross-pollinatin' an' general interferin'.

JL