Facebook: "The _mother-load_ of recordings!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 11 06:49:16 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> I don't distinguish "load", "lode", and even
> "lowed".  Except in writing.  And meaning.

Exactly.

Isn't it possible for any-motherfucking-body to be able to remember the
differences among "meet," "meat," and "mete," for example, without having a
brain that can do heavy lifting or without "thinking" oneself into some
asinine reanalysis?

Jeezus!

IIRC, there was a WWII cargo plane called a "LoadStar," built by Lockheed,
and which was, perhaps, the fountainhead of today's confusion, because,
even then, at the age of six or seven, I was the sole speaker of English
aware of the distinction between "load" and the "lode" in "lodestar,"
"lodestone," and "motherlode"? Might be.

Youneverknow.

--
-Wilson
-----