Quote: Supposed Lincoln quote traces to Alphonse Karr - help with French requested

Sun Nov 17 04:58:48 UTC 2013

A snapshot of what I have learned about this saying is now available
on the QI website:

We Can Complain Because Rose Bushes Have Thorns, or Rejoice Because
Thorn Bushes Have Roses
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/11/16/rose-thorn/

The acknowledgement includes the following:
[Begin excerpt]
Many thanks to W. Brewer and H. Wilson Gray for providing QI with
suggestions for the translation of the 1853 verse from French to
English. Any errors are QIs responsibility.
[End excerpt]

Feedback welcome on or off-list.

With appreciation,

Garson