Etymology of "It's been a slice!", "It's been a real slice!"?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 25 22:28:43 UTC 2013

I heard the ironical "It's been a slice" from a fellow graduate student in
1975. He told me he'd first heard it a year or two earlier, and that it was
short for "a slice of life."

JL