Limerick

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 17 20:55:23 UTC 2014

On Dec. 20, 2008, I posted a 1984 quote from an academic which used
"limerick" in the shockingly broad sense of

"any banal, strongly rhythmic verse; a doggerel."

Here's another, from another writer with an advanced degree:

2003 Emmett Early _The War Veteran in Film_ (Jefferson, NC: McFarland)
207: Nolte . . .

marches down the railroad track...chanting marching limericks: "I'm
going to take a three-day pass, I'm going to whip old Jodie's ass.
...Your left, right, left."

Dr. Early (b. 1939) "is a clinical psychologist with a private practice in
Seattle and a clinical consultant for the Washington State Department of
Veterans Affairs."

JL