"roger", noun and verb

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Apr 28 00:17:27 UTC 2014

Larry, why do you omit the [1644] quotation for the noun?  (You start
with the 1679, which is also bracketed -- a single bracket pair encloses both.)

Assuming you have good reason, that would eliminate one objection (of
perhaps only a few) to my ... hypothesis that Rogers of the
Rogerenes* could have brought us the noun and verb.  (John Rogers
wasn't born until 1648.)   :-)

* Not to be confused with Rogers of the Rangers.

Joel