[Ads-l] Get one's goat

Michael Quinion michael.quinion at WORLDWIDEWORDS.ORG
Wed Dec 3 17:20:31 UTC 2014

Garson O'Toole wrote:

> Michael: Thanks for your note. After I posting the Kid McCoy article
> with the December 5, 1903 date I posted a follow-up message indicating that
> the date given by the NewspaperArchive database was probably incorrect.

Many thanks to you and others for your comments.

I missed the correction when searching the ADS-L archives. You're quite
right, of course; the heading to page 12, for example, clearly has "1908".
The page also turned up when I was doing my own searches but my check for
dates failed, since the issue is dated Saturday 5 December and this is
correct both for 1903 and for 1908! I've corrected the piece.

--
Michael Quinion
World Wide Words