[Ads-l] "Don't hate. Appreciate!"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 10 13:50:20 UTC 2014

Fred, I'd say so, though in this case any sort of "hater" (including the
traditional kind) would not be excluded.

Evidence for "hate" and "hater" was too new and scanty to get them into
HDAS II in 1997.

Cf. the slightly earlier hiphop "playa-hata" (sic), somebody who hates (in
any fashion) "players" (in this case, usu. womanizers; it seems to me that
the term was usually applied derisively to women who frowned on them rather
than to men who envied them).

JL