[Ads-l] Panic Saturday

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 22 21:06:42 UTC 2014

> I see a fair amount of current news coverage saying that the term
originated in Great Britain recently.

For example:

> Panic Saturday, however, is a new one the British have invented all on
their own. Why are they desperately searching online and hopelessly
trudging about today, in the freezing cold to find gifts for a day we all
knew was coming 365 days ago? It beautifully reflects the ancient British
practice of leaving everything to the last minute, known as faffing.

http://qz.com/316282/panic-saturday-the-new-british-name-for-the-last-miserable-shopping-day-before-christmas/

I've never heard it used in the UK before this year. Is "Panic Saturday" a
common term in the US?

Hugo