"Perils of Pauline", 1914 -- cliff-hanger or not?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 8 20:45:16 UTC 2014

More than once I have seen a sequence where Pauline was indeed hanging by
her fingernails from the edge of a cliff.

I don't know whether it was at the end of an episode or not.

Have I already suggested the possibility that the early use of
"cliff-hanger" to refer to Western serials came not directly from "The
Perils of Pauline" but from some copy-cat scene in a more modern adventure?

JL