"Perils of Pauline", 1914 -- cliff-hanger or not?

Jocelyn Limpert jocelyn.limpert at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 8 21:22:13 UTC 2014

comment as an aside to this from Tom Shales, former Washington Post TV
critic and NPR movie critic:

There was a talkie with Betty Hutton in the late 40s I think that was
supposedly the life story of whoever made "The
Perils of Pauline" back in the silent era. Forgive me if this has nothing
to do with what you are discussing. !