A novel notion of "balance"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 13 01:56:06 UTC 2014

I thought about that possibility but

1) the usual use of "balanced attack" in the context of American
football is the relatively similar distribution between pass and run
2) the Patriots have used three or four running backs regularly for the
past decade--the names have changed, but not the scheme
3) if they normally use four running backs (which I agree that they do),
it is unusual to have two featured to this extent (balanced would have
been 18, 10, 10, 4, or something like that)
4) 24 and 14 don't look particularly "balanced" even though both are
unusually high for 1st and 2nd most on the team, respectively (see (3)
and (2) above)

In any case, I did not want to make it about football so much as just
pointing to a grabbing headline that gave potentially questionable
information.

     VS-)