Spanish Origin of Miniskirt?

Mon Jul 14 04:09:47 UTC 2014

Here is a repeat of the section of text that was mangled in transit in
my previous message. The quotation marks in the last note were
unacceptable to the Gods.

There is an earlier AP article in June 1962 about the phenomenon of
young women wearing short skirts in England. The article referred to
the women as "Ya-ya girls"; however, the skirts were not called
"Ya-ya" skirts in the article. The article did not contain the word
"miniskirt" or "mini-skirt", but it included the measurement of eight
inches above the knee which apparently was also used in the later
Montana AP article.

The reporter obtained a reaction quotation from Mary Quant. Hence,
newspapers were linking Quant to the sixties seismic short skirt style
shift in 1962.