three-dog night

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 24 05:10:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The relevant passage: "A chilly night is known as a 'three-dog night.' A
> 'five-dog night' is really cold."

Well, then, that explains it! All of these years, I've known the phrase
only as "a *five-dog* night." As a consequence, I've long wondered what
motivated the rock group to "reduce" the number of dogs to three.

"There's always 5% who never get the word."

Finally, I can sleep.

BTW, I've never come across the dingoes-ate-my-baby version before.

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson
-----