Google Books no longer sorting by "Custom range" of date?

Wed Jul 30 22:41:28 UTC 2014

Joel, if you start your search at the following webpage you will be
able to specify a time range. Note that Google Books search engine
implementation has been defective for quite some time. So you will
experience false negative and false positive matches. But the GB
search engine is still enormously powerful and valuable.

http://books.google.com/advanced_book_search