WOTY -- "upskirting"

Christopher Philippo toff at MAC.COM
Thu Mar 6 21:45:46 UTC 2014

On Mar 6, 2014, at 4:21 PM, Dan Goncharoff <thegonch at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Exactly. “The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers."

Whatever Mr. Goncharoff’s intent behind using an out-of-context Shakespeare quote about killing lawyers, it is lost on me.

> As for the rest of the verbiage, I refuse to conduct an e-mail discussion
> with one who refuses to append the previous discussion (in this case,
> quoting the law) while asking "where in the law do you find that it does",
> so the conversation is over.

People on the list have access to the previous “discussion” (if it can be called that) of not so many minutes ago, so there was no need to clutter the list by quoting all of it.  For many lists, quoting entire messages under such circumstances is considered bad etiquette.  Mr. Goncharoff’s inability to have a conversation (there’s not been one to end) by backing with evidence the claims he’s made is noted with dismay.  “Where in the black letter of the law do you find, as you claimed, that ‘the law was intended to prevent secret video in the home, not in public’?” and “The law doesn’t require “that ‘a private area’ is never ‘visible to the public’”; where in the law do you find that it does?” had struck me as quite obvious and reasonable questions since the law quite simply does not state such things.  If he had access to documents indicating that such things were part of the legislative intent, I’d genuinely have liked to have seen them.