[Ads-l] Desperate Last Plea for Most Notable Quotations of 2014

James Callan scarequotes at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 19 00:53:31 UTC 2014

> > It's November 11 and I still don't have 10 quotations that I consider to
> be
> >  suitable for my annual list, run by the Associated Press, of the top 10
> most
> > notable quotations of the year.  By notable I mean important
> >  or famous or particularly revealing of the spirit of our times
> >  rather than necessarily being eloquent or admirable.  So I am renewing
> my
> > plea for suggestions of notable quotations from 2014, particularly ones
> from
> > politics or popular culture or entertainment or sports or business or
> > technology.

Entertainment quotes that might qualify:

>From Dylan Farrow's open letter in the New York Times: "What’s your
favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was
seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim,
closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my
stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually
assaulted me."

>From Shia LaBeouf's public art in response to plagiarism accusations: "I am
not famous anymore" written on a paper bag worn on his head.