[Ads-l] Antedating of "Debug," "Debugging" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu Oct 16 18:14:30 UTC 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I see that neither OED nor OED SF project has "bug" = slang for insectoid alien life form, usually insulting.

Heinlein, _Starship Troopers_ (1959). p 278 of 2006 Ace trade PB edition.
"Another Bug hunt, boys."

_Aliens_ (1986 film)
"Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?"