[Ads-l] locomotives as female

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 25 14:56:10 UTC 2015

Interesting, but I'm not sure that *any* censorious (or non-censorious)
viewer would be likely to "get it," no matter how "impudent" Hitchcock
[sic] thought he was being.

It may not have been a phallic symbol to anyone else until the master told
them what to think about it. (Cf. my old, frequently cited pal Humpty
Dumpty.)

Evidently the answer is a variant of Number 3, though few were expected to
get the point [sic].

JL