[Ads-l] Major Discovery Relating to "Whole Nine Yards"

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 30 13:18:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Stephen Goranson <goranson at duke.edu> wrote:

> The Democratic Banner newspaper that Library of Congress Chronicling Americ=
> a lists as published in Bowling Green, Missouri was actually published (acc=
> ording to the paper itself) in Louisiana, Missouri. W. F. Kennedy may have =
> been replying to a publication in a different newspaper, perhaps the Louisi=
> ana Record, a weekly, by Thomas H. Ellis, beginning with Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr=
> . 6, 1849)-. According to WorldCat  (OCLC 19418771), The State Historical S=
> ociety of Missouri owns just one issue from 1850, <1850:5:3>. That might se=
> em too early to contain Edwin Draper's dated (and later published) contribu=
> tion.

Thank you, Stephen!  We may have missed out on seeing Draper's letter
or column or whatever it was in the September 20, 1850 issue of the
Record, but I'm grateful to you that you've satisfied my curiosity
about the likely publication.

-- Bonnie