[Ads-l] Anglicizing carpe diem

Sun Aug 9 20:10:43 UTC 2015

I thought JT was pointing out that the following are examples of
eggcorns, where "carpe" is thought to be from "corpo-" (body), and I was
wondering if that was done on purpose. For some reason, my e-mail client
refused to quote anything other than a couple of lines below.... BB

4. He carpe diems and grabs her, thigh-high, in pretense of helping
"steady as she goes." The firm, slick nylon translates to his pituitary
some urgent four-letter code.

5. You'll laugh at the way Fran schmoozes her way into her own
television series as she carpe diems with a CBS network executive who
has the misfortune of being trapped in first class ("Where was he gonna
go, coach?") with her on a 747 to