[Ads-l] People used to go "all out."

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 26 20:57:08 UTC 2015

At least the way we play pot limit table stakes you can be all in if you don't have enough chips/money to match the bet or raise when it's your turn to act; whatever you can't cover is in a side pot to which you don't have right of salvage.  So you can win (or split) the main pot and the others can retain rights to the side pot(s) even if you have them beat.  And it's recursive:  there can be side pots to the side pot and so on.

LH