[Ads-l] New to me: _howbeit_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 9 21:10:31 UTC 2015

Casual Googling finds a note that this word is "archaic," means
"nevertheless; however,"  and dates from at least 1607.

Howbeit, though the word be archaic, yet new to me, it gets 389,000 raw
hits. In the context in which I found it -
They're changing an internationally-known logo for no good reason. Howbeit,
- I would use, "be that as it may," which, IMO, is more apropos, not to
mention far more useful, when word-count matters.
--
-Wilson
-----