[Ads-l] 9to5Mac: "salty" in the wild, by coinkidink

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 5 19:44:36 UTC 2015

Among comments WRT Apple's being threatened with legal action for being
"anti-competitive," because it demands a 30% cut from any other company
wanting to push product by participating in the so-called "Apple
ecosystem," forcing such company to take a 30% loss in gross profit or to
charge a fee 30% higher than Apple's, clearly a gigantic kick in the arse
for, e.g. Spotify, were:

A: "Apple’s response to this should be: You don’t agree with what we
charge, easy: remove your app from our ecosystem and go fuck yourself."

B. "Are all Apple fanboiz so _salty_?"

(Judging by other responses only trivially distinct from A's, the answer to
this question is a resounding "Yes!!!")

IMO, this kind of thing represents a spread and not a "revival," since,
IME, "salty" has never not been alive and kicking in the BE "slang
ecosystem," to coin a phrase. OTOH, I would agree, were anyone to assert
it, that, e.g. "ADJ like that" or "holler"/"holla" are revivals. I've known
that there's a song with the title, "It's Tight Like That," since God
stretched out on the Seventh Day, but only relatively recently have I
actually *heard* "ADJ like that." Back in the day, "holler"/"holla" was
ordinary - in the mouth of my mother - b. 1913 - and in the mouths of other
ladies elderly like that. But, naturally, you wouldn't go about the 'hood
talking like yo' mama.
--
-Wilson
-----