[Ads-l] fines for saying "you guys" to mixed groups?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 14 21:53:41 UTC 2015

Getting back to insults, why should men be insultable as "cunts," but women
can/are never vilified as "pricks"?

It's so "taboo" (to use an overworked term) that it nobody does it. (Or do
women say it covertly, beyond the ears of the guys?)

Moreover, according to a certain strand of feminist sociolinguistics, men
should be/secretly are pleased to be called "pricks" (and "dicks"),
especially by women, but women are rightly enraged to be called "cunts,"
especially by men.

The only practical solution to these glaring and unsupportable asymmetries
is a thorough overhaul of the language. You know, chopping things out and
retrofitting and so on.

I have occasionally heard an enraged woman call another both "bitch" and
"son of a bitch." But if "son of a bitch" flies (in a way that "prick"
doesn't), what about "mofo"?

 JL