[Ads-l] n-word update (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Jun 23 15:01:04 UTC 2015

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> Another topic of growing controversy is whether the flags of seven
> Southern states should be replaced because of some historical
> connection or visual resemblance to one or another Confederate flag.
> (The Mississippi flag actually includes the rebel flag in its canton.)

I'm surprised that some of the flags have any connection to the Confederacy.  I grew up in TN, and have always thought that the TN flag is well designed and attractive.  The arguments that is connected to the Confederacy could be just as easily applied to say it is connected to the Republic.  I think they are reaching.