[Ads-l] Yale Grammatical Diversity Project - Slate

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 30 05:09:52 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>
wrote:

> we consider unfamiliar patterns either quaint (the British "They didn't
> leave but they should have done") or reprehensible and "illiterate"
> (black speakers, Appalachian/southern white speakers) depending on our
> attitude toward the social group, not on our attitude toward the
> specific construction

Got it! That's clear. I can see where you're going with this. Will you be
covering other reactions, e.g. Britspeak = classy, blackspeak = kicky, etc.?

--
-Wilson
-----