[Ads-l] goyisch and possible ADS search problem

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 2 21:18:40 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Benjamin Barrett wrote:

> The word also appears in an ADS e-mail in 2006
> (http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2006-February/057915.html),
> but only as a quotation from an earlier ADS e-mail, making it appear
> that the
>
> https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=015166654881017481565:tinnmx85pdy
>
> link does not fetch everything.

When I shared that Google custom search engine, I did include a
caveat: "No guarantees that the search results will cover everything
you're looking for."

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2014-November/134888.html

The biggest problem is in cases such as this, where the searched item
appears in multiple posts in a thread, and Google only returns one of
those posts (perhaps the most recent). That may require clicking back
through the thread -- in this case, two clicks back gets you to the
original post from sagehen.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2006-February/057865.html

--bgz

--