[Ads-l] Quaint saying

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 22 18:13:47 UTC 2015

In 1975 a female graduate student from Knoxville described snow as being

"so deep we had to shit in a shotgun and shoot it out the chimney."

Bizarre. But more bizarre is that I now find precisely the same
phrase in a student collection of Georgia folklore.

Google  for MSS. 1003.02.09.pdf, and scroll to p. 11.

Unfortunately I see no indication of a date.

JL