[Ads-l] Fwd: Peculiar use of "alleges" -- a self-alleged-ie?

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 26 19:09:46 UTC 2015

Is this really such a peculiar use of allege? One of the definitions I see
is " to assert without proof or before proving". That, to my reading, is
exactly what Handler has done. That said, it is not my word choice; I
prefer assert, or contend.

DanG