[Ads-l] query on -s truncation (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu May 28 17:32:21 UTC 2015

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> I think I've also seen Batman referred to as "Bats", and Barbara Gordon
> (Batgirl, Oracle) is sometimes "Babs". (Could there be a Marvel/DC
> split here? The nicknames I recall for Marvel heroes tend to use "-
> (e)y/ie" - "Spidey", "Wolvie", "Shulkie".)

Babs is short for Barbara beyond Batgirl -- see the end credits of nearly every John Landis movie, where he suggests that when you take the Universal Studios tour, to "ask for Babs". For a long time, if you did ask for Babs, you'd get a discount admission. (Backstory: At the end of "Animal House", we are told what happens to the main characters after they leave Faber College.  Babs Jansen becomes a tour guide at Universal.)