[Ads-l] 26 Names That Didn't Exist Before 2000

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 11 04:43:37 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu>
wrote:

> "King" is not new.

I agree. I went to high school, 1950-54, with King McElroy, who was white,
and King Taylor, who was black, both of whom may have been in honor of - or
in imitation of - the inventor, King C. Gillette.

Is "Khloe," merely a better transliteration of the Greek than the Latinate
"Chloe," really worthy of being called "new"?

--
-Wilson
-----