[Ads-l] Quote: I am that civilization you are fighting for. (April 20, 1914)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 11 16:57:21 UTC 2015

Ezra Pound wrote afterward that ten million died for a "botched
civilization," including a bunch of useless books and statuary.

So, according to Ezra, the laugh was on them.

JL