[Ads-l] fed up of; earlier from

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Sun Nov 15 01:22:13 UTC 2015

I don't have strong feelings about this, but, fwiw, "bored of" seems to derive its "of"
from "tired of."  As for "fed up of," I selected "sick of" for the blend because both
"fed up with"  and "sick of" express an intense feeling. "Tired of" is less intense.
But I'd have no objection to both "tired of" and "sick of" being seen as playing a
role in the blend (assuming we do deal with a blend).
Gerald Cohen
Laurence Horn [laurence.horn at YALE.EDU], Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:03 PM