[Ads-l] New publication by Allan Metcalf

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Mon Nov 23 21:19:18 UTC 2015

For word lovers: Ads-l member Allan Metcalf has recently published a book titled _From Skedaddle To Selfie: Words of the Generations_, Oxford University Press. The numerous entries include  doggie bag, dude, G.I., groovy, hot dog, gerrymander, groovy, jazz, nerd, O.K. rock and roll, senior moment, skedaddle, teeny bopper, tooth fairy, zoot suit, etc. etc. etc.

Maybe Allan would like to say a few words (no pun intended) about his work on this project.

Btw, I have no financial connection to this book.

Gerald Cohen