[Ads-l] Long sentence about a car

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Wed Sep 30 11:07:54 UTC 2015

I'm not sure I fully understand it. Poor syntax?
Maybe something like: "Perhaps because it is a long sedan with a front engine, I must wait...before..."
Stephen
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Brian Hitchcock <...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:25 PM
To: ...
Subject: [ADS-L] Long sentence about a car

I realize this is OK grammatically, and it even makes sense eventually, but what would you call this style/construction, and how could it be fixed to be more digestible?  -bwh

(From Car and Driver online)
It's to get kind of a little push maybe from being a long sedan with a front engine that makes me have to wait to get the car turned and pointed toward the apex and then roll into the power.