[Ads-l] Fwd: Fulbright Opportunities for the American Dialect Society

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu Apr 7 19:10:51 UTC 2016

Of potential interest:

----- Forwarded message from "McNamara, Caitlin" <CMcNamara at iie.org> -----

Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 19:06:14 +0000
From: "McNamara, Caitlin" <CMcNamara at iie.org>
To: "ADS-L-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU" <ADS-L-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject: Fulbright Opportunities for the American Dialect Society

Dear American Dialect Society,

My name is Caitlin McNamara and I am a Program Officer with the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program. We would like to have a message posted on your listserv, announcing Fulbright Scholar opportunities in the field of Applied Linguistics, TEFL and Education.  I believe the message will be of great interest to your members, who can benefit from participating in a Fulbright Scholar grant. Please note that this message or one with a similar content may be sent to other listservs.

Thank You,
Caitlin

Caitlin McNamara
Recruitment and Marketing Officer
Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
Institute of International Education (IIE)

1400 K Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005
Phone +1.202.686.6245 | Fax +1.202.686.4029
cmcnamara at iie.org<mailto:cmcnamara at iie.org> | www.iie.org<http://www.iie.org/>

The Fulbright Scholar Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is administered by CIES, a division of IIE.
Twitter<https://twitter.com/FulbrightSchlrs> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/fulbright> | LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3709849> | Google+<https://plus.google.com/111585226276527305578/posts>| Vimeo<https://vimeo.com/fulbright> | Blog<http://fulbrightscholarblog.cies.org/> | My Fulbright<http://www.cies2.org/>

The Fulbright Scholar Program offers teaching, research or combination teaching and research awards in over 125 countries for the 2017-2018 academic year. Opportunities are available for college and university faculty and administrators as well as for professionals, artists, journalists, scientists, lawyers, independent scholars and many others.

This year, the Fulbright Scholar Program is offering over 100 awards<catalog.cies.org> in the field of Applied Linguistics, TEFL and Education. Opportunities include:

  *   Estonia: TEFL/Applied Linguistics<http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=7187&dc=EN>
  *   Rwanda: Arts, Humanities and Journalism<http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=7051&dc=RW>
  *   Canada: Research Chair in Education<http://catalog.cies.org/viewAward.aspx?n=7459&dc=CA>
  *   Philippines: Study of the United States<http://catalog.cies.org/searchResults.aspx?wa=&dc=RP&di=>

For additional awards in the field of applied linguistics, please visit our new TEFL or Education webpages<http://www.cies.org/highlighted-disciplines>. There you will find award highlights and examples of successful projects in the discipline, and scholar testimonials which highlight the outcomes and benefits associated with completing a Fulbright Scholar grant.

For eligibility factors, detailed application guidelines and review criteria, please follow this link: http://cies.org/program/core-fulbright-us-scholar-program. You may also wish to register for one of our webinars<http://www.cies.org/event-type/webinar-schedule> or join My Fulbright<http://www.cies2.org/s/1064/index.aspx>, a resource center for applicants interested in the program.  Applicants must be U.S. citizens and the current competition will close on August 1, 2016.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding any of the opportunities listed above or the Fulbright Scholar Program in general. Please contact Caitlin McNamara at cmcnamara at iie.org<mailto:cmcnamara at iie.org> or 202-686-6245 to arrange a virtual advising session.

----- End forwarded message -----