[Ads-l] Straphanger (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 14 17:26:03 UTC 2016

1892 is still 12 years before the opening of the subway. Still likely a
train or trolley, not a subway or bus.

I find it interesting that the term strap-hanger existed in the context of
trains, as the leather strap used to hold the cord that a passenger pulled
to indicate a desire to get off at the next stop.

DanG