[Ads-l] New Ways of Analyzing Variation 46: Progress, Call for Abstracts

Joe Salmons jsalmons at WISC.EDU
Thu Dec 1 21:30:16 UTC 2016

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

New Ways of Analyzing Variation 46: Progress
Deadline for abstracts: June 1, 2017
https://english.wisc.edu/nwav46/?page_id=128

The organizers of New Ways of Analyzing Variation 46 (NWAV46), to be held at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, invite abstract submissions for presentations (oral and poster) in all areas related to language variation and change; we particularly welcome those that fit within the themes and scope of the 2017 meeting.

Abstracts should be no more than 500 words, excluding references, and must be anonymized to omit all information about the author(s). All abstracts should be submitted here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nwav46.

We also invite proposals for special sessions, also no more than 500 words, excluding references, and abstracts for each paper to be considered for the session (following the guidelines outlined above).

Authors may submit one single-authored and one joint-authored abstract, or two joint-authored abstracts. This limit applies to all presentations, regardless of type (paper, poster). We anticipate having up to 10 Student Travel Awards.

Abstracts will be anonymously reviewed and considered for both oral and poster presentations. Oral presentations will be selected for four parallel sessions; presenters will have 20 minutes to present and 10 minutes for questions. Poster presentations will be featured at two plenary poster sessions, Friday, November 3, and Saturday, November 4.
• Abstract submissions accepted: April 1 to June 1, 2017
• Decisions sent: July 31, 2017
• Student travel award nominations due: August 1, 2017
• Preliminary program available online: August 31, 2017
• Student travel award decisions: September 15, 2017
• Online conference registration period: July 15 to October 15, 2017
• Conference start day, with on-site registration: November 2, 2017

For further information on the conference, please check the official NWAV46 website, the Facebook site, and follow our Twitter account:
• NWAV 46
• @nwav46
• english.wisc.edu/nwav46/<http://english.wisc.edu/nwav46/>

For general inquiries, please check the official website for updated information and contacts. Questions about abstract submission should be directed to nwav46 at english.wisc.edu<mailto:nwav46 at english.wisc.edu> .

[Image]