[Ads-l] RES: planers, sawyers and snags

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Tue Dec 6 17:06:20 UTC 2016

Thanks! Could well be an enshrined typo. There are over 400 hits for
"planers, sawyers, and snags on the Mississippi" (in quotes for exact hits),
and zero for "planters, sawyers, and snags on the Mississippi", but all the
former could have come from one typoed source, maybe in the 1824 Act itself.
And "planters" certainly seems to fit the bill, with "sawyers" being trees
actually growing on the riverbed.
Thanks again,
DAD

Enviada em: terça-feira, 6 de dezembro de 2016 14:32